COVERLAB staff provide geo-locating services for mapping events that are used for planning enforcement activities.
• Crashes – we map approximately 98% of all CMV-involved crashes in North Carolina (~9,000 – 14,ooo per year).
• Citations – we map approximately 90% of all citations issued in the field, including overweight and out-of-service violations issued.
• Inspections – we map approximately 90% of all inspections conducted in the field
GIS layers help troopers visualize relationships between activities and demand by providing a visual reference for deploying enforcement personnel and identifying the appropriate types enforcement activities to conduct.
• Roads and bridges that are vulnerable to damage from overweight vehicles
• High Crash Corridors
• Weigh Stations
• Posted Roads and Bridges
• Troop Boundaries
• Troop Installations
• Mile Markers
• Truck Routes
• Fuel Pumps
Posters are developed by our professional GIS staff for:
• Providing “big picture” context for COVERLAB projects
• Showcasing our work at industry conferences
• Explaining our products and services to unfamiliar audiences
• Custom requests by our partners
This poster provides an overview of COVERLAB Analytics, including the business case, how it works, and how it helps North Carolina’s CMV enforcement program improve planning operations through data driven decision management.
This poster provides an overview of how spatial patterns were distilled from raw enforcement and crash data, and how MCE staff is using these GIS layers to visualize patterns and trends for increasing operational effectiveness.
This poster depicts geospatial analysis research by COVERLAB staff to spatially target areas for enforcement activities. The goal is to deliver decision support intelligence to help effectively prioritize and deploy limited personnel resources.